Tonight, this happened: Pomegranate Molasses & Pine Nut Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle, cream sugar into butter. Add the pomegranate molasses and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture by thirds, beating on medium speed, until just barely combined.
- Fold in the pine nuts by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or Silpats. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, 2” apart. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer to a rack until completely cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week. Enjoy with ice-cold milk.